Per the Governor’s proclamation on May 6th, campgrounds may reopen effective 5:00 a.m. on Friday, May 8, 2020, provided that the campground implements measures to ensure social distancing, increased hygiene practices, and other public health measures to reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19.
Emmetsburg campgrounds will be open for recreational camping effective May 8, 2020 at 5:00 a.m. with the following guidelines:
- Campers must be self-contained
- Visitors will not be allowed in campground, only those occupying the campsites
- Campfires at the individual campsites will be limited to campers occupying that campsite
- All public restroom/shower facilities will remain closed
- Cabins will remain closed
- Picnic tables and grills are open for use at your own risk