The City of Emmetsburg and Emmetsburg Municipal Utilities are continuing to track the status and impact of the COVID-19 (coronavirus) statewide and locally. As stated previously, we are following recommendations from Palo Alto County Health System, Palo Alto County Department of Public Health, US Department of Health and Human Services, and Center for Disease Control. We also continue to work with county, state and federal health officials to protect or residents.
We have communicated with our employees our expectations regarding employee health and safety related to COVID-19.
- Employees who are ill are encouraged to stay home until fully recovered.
- Regularly clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces in the work place.
- Regularly wash hands, use hand sanitizers and properly cover sneezes and coughs.
For our EMU customers and citizens:
- Natural gas, sewer, water and solid waste services will continue to operate as normal.
- Non-emergency utility calls will be postponed until a later date.
- If it is necessary for us to enter your home, we will require employees to wear additional protective equipment.
- All city related meetings will be held by teleconference or postponed until a later date.
- City Hall will be closed to the public, but available by phone at 712-852-4030 Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
- The Public Library is closed until further notice.
- The Shores Community Center is closed until March 31, 2020.
This is a rapidly changing situation and we will continue to monitor the status of COVID-19 and update accordingly. All measures that we are taking are for the health and wellness of both our employees and residents. We will get through this together.