Effective Wednesday, July 1st, 2020, the Emmetsburg Public Library will be continue to be open to the public on a limited, appointment-only basis. The hours of operation, subject to change without advanced notice, are Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; Tuesdays and Thursdays 9:30 a.m.-7:30 p.m., and Saturdays 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Patrons will be allowed to visit the library in person to browse the collection and use other in-library services. The following restrictions will apply to this phase of re-opening:
- All patrons and staff must wear a mask or cloth that covers their nose and mouth while they are in the library.
- Patrons should observe rules of social distancing (leaving at least 6 feet of space between others) and obey any directional signs posted in the facility.
- Up to ten patrons will be allowed in the library at a time. Appointments must be made by telephone or email (712-852-4009 or email@example.com). Appointments will be available in 15-minute increments.
- Visits will be limited to a maximum of 60 minutes, once per day, and we respectfully request that patrons use the time to browse the collection or use other library services rather than to meet with others or socialize with staff.
- At this time, the college building remains locked at Entrance 22. Please call the library when you arrive for your appointment to be let inside.
- Please keep in mind that the college has only authorized public access to the facility for Wellness Center and library purposes. Please do not attempt to access other parts of the building during your visit.
- Please continue to use the curbside bookdrop for all returns. Do not return items inside with you. The library staff will disinfect and quarantine all returns for a brief period.
- The library continues to offer curbside service, and we recommend this option.
Thank you for your support and understanding.