City of Emmetsburg parks, including basketball courts and playground equipment, are open effective June 1 with the following guidelines:
- Picnic tables limited to 50% capacity
- Limit number of individuals in groups or on playground equipment/courts to 10 or fewer
- Public restrooms will remain closed
- Park equipment is not sanitized, use at your own risk
- Signs promoting social distancing are posted
The cabins at Five Island Campground are open to guests effective June 1 with the same guidelines as campgrounds
- Only those occupying the campsites/ cabins are allowed; no visitors
- Campfires at individual campsites/cabins are limited to campers occupying that site
- All public restroom/shower facillities will remain closed
- Picnic tables and grills are open for use at your own risk
Effective Monday, June 1st, 2020, the Emmetsburg Public Library is re-open to the public on a limited, appointment-only basis. Patrons will be allowed to visit the library in person to browse the collection and use other in-library services. The following restrictions will apply to this phase of re-opening:
- All patrons and staff must wear a mask or cloth that covers their nose and mouth while they are in the library.
- Patrons should observe rules of social distancing (leaving at least 6 feet of space between others) and obey any directional signs posted in the facility.
- Five patrons will be allowed in the library at a time. Appointments must be made by telephone or email (712-852-4009 | email@example.com). Appointments will be available in 15-minute increments.
- Visits will be limited to a maximum of 30 minutes, once per day, and we respectfully request that patrons use the time to browse the collection or use other library services rather than to meet with others or socialize with staff.
- At this time, the college building remains locked at Entrance 22. Please call the library when you arrive for your appointment to be let inside.
- Please keep in mind that the college has only authorized public access to the facility for Wellness Center and library purposes. Please do not attempt to access other parts of the building during your visit.
- Please continue to use the curbside bookdrop for all returns. Do not return items inside with you.
- The library continues to offer curbside service, and we recommend this option.
Thank you for your support and understanding.